Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Someone's gotta do it

Mmm, more luxury: ride with my relative and his business partner in business partner's boat round Sydney Harbour and environs at the weekend, in the back washing down smoked salmon with a rather cheeky claret. This I could get used to.
Checked out my second zoo of the trip last week, Taronga Park - it's got nice views of downtown Sydney, which makes for slightly odd photo ops like this. Pretty cool bird and seal shows; apologies to any w*nking monkey fans (I know you're out there) but no action this time.
Other than that, have generally spent my time wandering more or less aimlessly round various bits of the city - was relieved to note that not everywhere is quite so scarily flawless as the centre: Surry Hills, the sort of studenty/backpackery area, is a bit more scruff but charming with it. If I didn't have the sweet-as option I've got, that's where I reckon I'd be.
In other news, they're experiencing ridiculous bush fires round Melbourne at the moment, so getting there (currently scheduled for the 20th, by coach) could be interesting. I've got quite a decent honey-basted-lamb-like tan going on right now but that could soon be converted to flame-grilled if I'm not careful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam - I'm seething with jealousy of course. Have you been to King's Cross. That's where I stayed in a hostel in the red light district (the road we were on was exclusively for transexuals and transvestites, who made sure we got home safely at night, bless em). Anyway, not quite as shiny there but good fun. Enjoy all the quaffing you b*stard..

Sara
xxx

3:44 PM  
Blogger Pearson said...

Not yet, that's where my relative warned me off actually - so obviously I'll have to get down there before I leave...

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get too used to the high life mate, remember Orpington is still here for when (if!?) you come back... Enjoy the champers and smoked salmon while you can though! (although John West is special offer 4.99 in Sainsburys at the moment...)

;)p

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home