Sunday, October 01, 2006

An Englishman Abroad

Hmm, well it's been eventful... Following the last post guess what I did? I must have had a particularly burning desire to be a cliche but after several bottles too many of Singha and a massage (not dodgy although nudity is required, lovely stuff), suddenly the guy in the Chelsea shirt's (I should've known) entreaties to come and see his lovely girls seemed more plausible... Yep, I know, I know, exactly what everyone counselled me against, and of course I got bled dry in return for seeing a very bored-looking girl do the usual with items of table tennis equipment. Not recommended.

Wasn't all bad though, I did meet a very nice girl called Yo who I saw again yesterday (for the record, it's not what you're thinking: very innocent and she's a genuinely lovely girl - she was trying to get me to stop spending my money, as sure a guarantee of honesty as you could find in this place. And no, she wasn't the one with the ping pong balls.)

Went to check out a Thai boxing match yesterday but they wanted 2000 Baht (about 30 quid) for it, apparently for a Thai it's about 100. Daylight robbery. So sod that, went to Chinatown instead which was cool - absolutely mad, the whole place is taken up with a massive street market where you can buy anything and everything - boltcutters next to car horns next to chillis next to cheesy 70s MOR records, mobile phones, etc etc etc. Rather a surreal moment: a guy selling hifis had Kraftwerk's 'The Model' playing at top volume, and it worked perfectly...

OK, as I seem to have developed a problem getting out of bed before 5pm my options are a bit limited, so had better go and do something while I can. Take care, more soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Adam...

The first hurdle!

Tsk tsk

4:47 PM  
Blogger Pearson said...

yep, i know - i'm weak! it was almost inevitable the second i decided to have a beer really. oh well, bit older, a lot poorer but hopefully a bit wiser now...

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home