Saturday, May 12, 2007

In praise of shallowness

I really am quite easily pleased. I used to think I wasn't (when I was 16 and considered myself misunderstood and complex) but I am, blatantly. It's a rare bad mood that'll survive the simplest of pleasures - like a nice meal, or sex, or a new CD.
Take last week and this week - pretty much the same situation: hungover again, still not sleeping particularly well, spent too much last night, only difference is that I'm pretty sure the girl's actively gone off me as opposed to not having any time to see me and we're over. I should feel the same or worse, but I've had a pie, I'm going to get the Sopranos on DVD, I'm going out to get drunk with my housemate tonight and I'm fine. Thank God for shallowness and superficiality: they're my saving graces. Have a nice weekend all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friendship is essential for happiness and the good life because friends give a good man the opportunity to do generous and virtuous deeds. Friendship also helps a man to develop his own moral character by his relationship with other good men, for a good man can be truly good only in the company of other good men. A final point—man is a social animal; he requires the companionship of other men and cannot find happiness if he leads the life of a recluse.

...so go out and get pissed.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha, the simple things in life!

I'm hot, hungover and saddle sore...

But I'm in Vietnam and that's enough for me. x

4:29 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

I'm stuffing envelopes in an office in London. Its raining and the highlight of the day is that Jose Mourhino's rabid dog is missing...

3:16 PM  
Blogger Pearson said...

Ha ha nice stuff Mike! Best justification for getting wankered I've seen in ages :o)

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home