Saturday, May 05, 2007

A Pom whinges


It's drizzling, I'm hungover and ruing the $80 I had to spend on a taxi last night having fallen asleep on the wrong train and woken up at 3am on the wrong side of Melbourne. For some reason that feels like bizarrely delayed jet lag I wake regardless of alcohol or sleeping pills every weekday at 4am and can't get back to sleep. My head then feels like it's on a stick and my body like I'm at the bottom of the sea. The girl's too busy to see me. The weeks seem to be flashing by without much to show for them. The rent's going up.


Moan, sulk and, indeed, whinge.


Life doesn't actually suck, I'm just feeling sorry for myself for a bit. It'll pass. Actually, there's a thought that always cheers me up: lunch. Simple pleasures are the best. I'm off. Take care

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Adam! Just checked this for the first time in a while - I hope life's got better since Saturday. I'm heading back to England next week for a cousin's wedding and to meet the senior Kenworthys, but will be back on 1 June to continue my strangely peaceful little Wellingtonian life. There's always a big blue sofabed and a Speight's for you should you need a change of scene. xx

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home