Sunday, February 18, 2007

More cheese Gromit?

G'day. Been busy since the last post - Lake Tekapo, Mount Cook and now Oamaru, on the south-eastern coast. Very glad I followed the Lonely Planet's advice (I'm not on commission) and checked out Tekapo, it's stupidly gorgeous and probably the most turqoise place in the world. It's a hallucination of a lake. Mount Cook and the surrounding mountains are beautiful too, like an advertiser's picture of the Alps; you can't climb it unless you're a lot more hardcore than me but there are some really nice walks in and around the valleys surrounding it, which I did and felt reasonably chuffed about. Managed not to mangle an ankle too which was a pleasant surprise. There are the usual cheesy tourist mugshots of me and mountains stored on my camera ready for your perusal and they WILL be available to view, just as soon as I can find somewhere to upload them without having to remortgage the house. Got into Oamaru last night, dunno if there's much to do here but the place I'm in is very nice, bit hippyish - and there's a cheese factory to visit! Hold me back! Off to Dunedin tonight or tomorrow. 'Til next time, au revoir.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Cheese! Go for the cheese!

Fanks for the shout out darlin. Lovin India so far, you seen my scribbles?

xxx

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home