Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The fun continues

Hullo again, quick post as I have to try and wangle a seat on a bus in a minute. In Akaroa, on the Banks Peninsula, about an hour and a half from Christchurch. Fantastic scenery, again (sort of comes as standard around here) and I've even been doing walks! Like, further than the pub! Really! It can only be a matter of days before my legs revolt but for the matter I'm feeling vaguely healthy and quite smug. Also, the backpackers' I stayed in last night, at Le Bons Bay just over the peninsula, is quite possibly the best place in the world - great views, lovely people and, for the equivalent of less than a fiver, a five-star dinner. Funtestic, as they say round these parts. About to find out whether I'm going to Lake Tekapo or down the coast to Oamaru, will keep you posted. Take care all.
PS. Shout-outs to my coz Kate who's about to embark on her own voyage of discovery (canes mine and I'm jealous, best of luck though!) and to a relatively new member of the world, Lisa Kingston. A star is born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home