Saturday, June 16, 2007

Week in the life

Freezing my arse off at the MCG last Monday, prior to the Ozzie rules game between Melbourne and Collingwood. Bizarrely, they have a national holiday here for the Queen's birthday - yep, our one - and we don't. What's that about? Possibly a smart bit of PR: standup comic I saw in the evening said he was a fervent royalist so long as he got her birthday off work - the second they lose that he's buying a sniper rifle apparently.
Recent accomplishments: surviving work, trying out various intriguing bars in the Brunswick St area with drinking chums, inexplicably failing to snag any ladies using patented 'wander around looking confused' routine, doing karaoke again and enjoying it properly this time (highlight: 'Born in the USA' - oh yes, just as bad as you're imagining, if not worse), losing at pool, roasting my guts with fiery Korean kim-chee, staying awake on the train last night, managing not to die of hypothermia in bed. Still to do: buy ticket home (the website prices aren't encouraging), snag a lady employing 'Be a smooth pimp daddy' routine, perfect my flow on karaoke 'Gangster's Paradise' (watch out Coolio I'm comin' for ya). I'm keeping busy. Peace out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ad I'll make you an offer- if you come home I'll snog you. Will that do seeing as the lady snagging gig isn't working too well? Lol!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Pearson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Pearson said...

Why can't every day be like this? :o)

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home