Monday, July 02, 2007

Adam is...

...in awe of Facebook. Seems like I'm the very last person in the world to have joined it, and that every person I've ever met is an old hand. I can see much reminiscing in the near future with people I thought I'd lost touch with (what my Dad calls 'What Happened to Old Carruthers-ing') and far too much spent on internet cafe bills.
As you can probably tell from a post that leads with that, not much has been happening in the real world recently. Currently got all my extremities crossed in the hope that HSBC will let me have one of their shiny credit cards which would undoubtedly make life much easier in the short term if, very probably, also trickier in the long. At Japanese housemate's behest went to watch the Bledisloe Cup rugby match between Australia and New Zealand on Saturday (in the pub, natch - at $170 a ticket the MCG was pushing its luck a bit too much this time); having adopted the All Blacks as his chosen champions he almost spontaneously combusted with excitement at the Haka and was near-disconsolate at their eventual loss. As was half of Melbourne - Kiwis are kind of less obtrusive than Aussies until the rugby's on, then all of a sudden the black jerseys appear and you wonder what country you're in.
Work might be finishing at the end of this month, which would probably be good as a necessary kick up the rear to get me going somewhere else; a brief trip to Tasmania with a colleague is currently planned for the beginning of next month, after that god knows. Still. Considering trying the map-as-dartboard method of deciding my next stop, seems as good as any other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home