Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Swings and Roundabouts

Bet no-one's ever used that as a title for a post before eh? Nonetheless...

Good and bad news recently, in more or less equal measure.
Good: (i) looks like we're going to be offered another month's work (that really will be it for admin in Melbourne I promise - even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to carry on after the 7th September as you're only allowed six months at any one company...Six Months!!! Christ that's a bit scary); (ii) the financial year here ended last month, which means, wood touched and chicks uncounted, I should be in line for a pretty decent tax windfall come August - in fact with a bit more overtime and generally not being stupid I might even be in a position not to have to work for the remainder of my time in Australia - maybe, possibly, future desperation dishwashing last-resorts notwithstanding. Ahem.
Bad: (i) I can't get a credit card in Oz (not enough time left on my visa, nnngh) and the signs from HSBC about getting a British one aren't great; (ii) looks like Tasmania's fallen by the wayside, for the moment at least - dude I was going with has decided instead, bafflingly, to make off for Alice Springs in a camper van with only an attractive young lady for company: I mean, I ask you, etc. ; (iii) the vague post-trip plan I had for teaching in Japan next year looks to have been scotched, as the deadline for entries falls a week or 2 before I'm likely to get back (to be fair this is relieved a bit by the fact that they've raised the maximum applicant age to 40, so I've got a few more goes at it yet).
Thus, the current mood would best be described as 'yeahwellalrightcan'tcomplainknowwhatimean?'. The current financial situation would best be described as 'day-before-payday broke'. The current romantic situation as 'worshipping from afar'. All in all, the usual then. Bye for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Worshipping from afar', eh? Hope you're good xxx

4:42 PM  
Blogger Pearson said...

My speciality, 99% of the time :o)

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home