Saturday, August 04, 2007

'Nam baby


So, finally, the decision and the purchase. On Monday 26th November, disaster and Murphy's Law permitting, I shall be touching down in Hanoi, Vietnam. Three and a half weeks later I shall be boarding a plane in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon); of what I do inbetween, outside of getting from one end of the country to the other, I currently have no clue. I arrive home in time for mincepies on 21st December, just shy of 15 months after leaving the UK.

It's booked and paid for; suffice it to say, I'm a wee bit excited. I'm thinking again of Tasmania as the next destination after Melbourne, going on my own if need be. The cold be buggered; I'll get Mum to send my long-johns (not only comfortable but desperately sexy).

Cousin Kate and mate Charlie are in town, she as radiant as ever, he broke but well and both with some hair-raising tales of Asian exploits. We're going tonight to Revolver so she can check out her own recommendation.

Life has direction again, and is good. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home